|Job Title:||Social Media Coordinator (National)|
|Reports to:||Communication Manager|
|Location:||Onsite and Remote|
The Social Media Coordinator will be responsible for all social media platforms for the ICNA Relief brand. They will assist in the creative process and execute and manage all social media campaigns that reflect ICNA Relief’s brand and support our organizational growth across all digital markets. This will include:
- Developing and editing content for social media posts (including but not limited to: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc) as well as crowdfunding like Launchgood, etc.
- Scheduling posts in an efficient manner with the understanding of social media insights
- Monitoring all social media activities: replying to inquiries, filtering comments, informing donors of up-to-date information, managing live-video take overs by offices
- Researching the campaigns of competitor organizations
- Managing internal communications with field offices for social media materials
- Creating new and engaging social media content
- Editing all external and internal writing copy as needed
- Managing and posting incoming media from the various offices in a timely manner
- Assisting the Communications Manager on written projects
- Prepare well-structured drafts, articles, and work with the PR team
- Participates in the core marketing team brainstorming sessions to contribute fresh new ideas for videos, promotional materials and marketing items for national campaigns
- Be an active contributor to the creative strategy of the marketing department
- Collaborating with internal departments to establish campaign objectives, complete tasks, and identify and solve problems.
- Gain a deep knowledge of our brand and produce content to highlight the brand.
- Creation of reports for leadership team on quarterly or ad hoc basis, to show social media impact of campaigns, adverts and activities being conducted on digital platforms
- Optimize Facebook Boost and Ads campaign
- Optimize Google & YouTube Ads & Analytics
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee needs to be available during the core work hours of 9:30 AM to 5:30 PM EST, 25 hour weekly schedule for part-time. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Media Studies, English, Journalism or another relevant field.
- Experience writing strong and engaging content. Please share writing samples prior to interview.
- Experience working with various social media platforms.
- Experience working within a Muslim or other Non-Profit Organizations is a plus.
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills
- Extremely organized
- Creative and Analytical Skills
- Experienced in Facebook, Google and YouTube Analytics
- Strong attention to detail
- Time Management Skills
- Proactive and Collaborative
- Comfortable in handling new challenges and adjusting to shifting priorities
- Comfortable working in a deadline-oriented environment
- Graphic Design Skills is a Plus
Legal Status & Work Authorization
The candidate applying to join ICNA Relief must have a legal status, social security number and work authorization by the relevant US authorities. The candidate by virtue of applying for this position authorizes ICNA Relief for his/her Background Check, reference check and a Medical Exam on need basis.
Please note this job description is not all encompassing in terms of duties or responsibilities that are expected of this position. ICNA Relief reserves the right to add, omit or modify duties, responsibilities and activities at any time with or without advance notice.