ABOUT OUR PROCEDURES
To safeguard the health of our patients and staff, Shifa Free Clinic is implementing the following procedures until the current COVID-19 outbreak has stabilized:
- Patient Screening: All patients will be screened prior to their appointment for fever, respiratory symptoms, or concern of possible COVID-19 infection or exposure. Please notify us prior to your appointment of any symptoms so we can ensure the best care for you.
- Limit Patient Guests: We ask that patients under the age of 18 are accompanied by one adult family member. Whenever possible, please leave other children and adults at home.
- Wear a Face Covering: We ask that everyone older than 2 years of age wear a face covering in the clinic. If you do not have your own, we will provide a mask for you. Please notify our staff immediately if you are unable to wear a mask so we can make adjustments.
- Employee Masks: All clinical staff will wear masks to protect our patients and each other.
- Enhanced Sterilization: Exam rooms and high-traffic clinic surfaces will be cleaned throughout the clinic day.
- Telehealth Visits: Telehealth appointments are available for new and established patients. Visit our Telehealth Services page to learn more.
- Limit People in the Waiting Room: Patients will be taken directly to an exam room to complete paperwork. If an exam room is not available, you may wait in your car until a room is ready.
- Employee Screening: At the beginning of every shift, employees will be screened for health changes. If they are showing symptoms of illness, they will continue the rest of their day at home.