|Job Title:||Chief Information Officer|
|Reported to:||IT, Marketing, Communications and Donor Management Team|
The Chief Information Officer (CIO) will report directly to the CEO of ICNA Relief and will be responsible for providing strategic leadership and overall direction to the IT, Marketing and Communication departments. The CIO will develop, plan, and implement an information technology (IT) strategy that meets the company’s business needs, delivers optimal return on investment, and maintains utmost security.
- Proven leader with clear vision in the field of IT, Marketing and Communications
- Strong track record of managing KPIs and delivering robust solutions to large organizations
- Build strong and unified team culture and supervise all staff members under CIO’s department including: IT, marketing and communications
- Proven proficiency with online marketing and social media strategy for large organization
- Supervise all IT related staff projects including: Websites/Web hosting, Mobile Development, Salesforce Management, Reporting, Zakat Disbursement Software, Google G-Suite Management, Pardot and others
- Proven marketing skills in guiding organizations digital marketing strategy
- Supervise the IT, marketing & communications department to provide resources and guidance
- Develop the technical aspects of ICNA Relief’s online strategy to ensure alignment with its goals
- Establishes long-term IT needs and plans and develops strategies for developing systems and acquiring software and hardware necessary to meet those needs
- Lead the execution of marketing programs from start to finish, leveraging internal support and driving collaboration
- Provides overall direction for all information technology activities for the organization
- Represent the technological agenda in executive and general organizational meetings
- Collaborates with members of the executive team to identify ways CIO department can assist the company in achieving business and financial goals
- Coordinating with all departments and offices and help support them with solutions to their technology needs
- Ensures that IT and network infrastructure adequately support the company’s computing, data processing, and overall organizational needs
- Develops and implements the over budget for the various CIO departments
- Ensures compliance with government regulations that apply to systems operations
- Manage network security of all the inter and intra building networks in ICNA Relief offices
- Manage Monthly letter, ROBO Calls, Mass mailing and e-mailing.
- Responsible for Donor Management, Volunteer Management, donor database, Salesforce and softwares currently in organizational use.
- Responsible for the development and administration of policies & procedures related to the CIO’s departments
- Demonstrated ability to make timely decisions. establish priorities for staff and successfully carry out multiple assignments and meeting critical deadlines
- Familiarity with ICNA or ICNA Relief culture
- Analyze donor date insights, donation trends, different donation platforms, market analysis, and marketing best practices to build successful strategies
- Vendor management skills and successfully negotiating contracts
- High level of supervisory experience required. Oversees all projects and assignments within the IT, marketing & communications department
- Leads efficient operation of the team so that prompt modernization and upgrades of IT marketing and communications are performed as needed
Required Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Information Technology
- Minimum 7 years of experience in IT for a US based organization, with administration of information systems and technology, with increasing level of responsibility over the years
- Expertise in software/website development, in-depth knowledge of programming languages, security and IT system administration
- Excellent ability to conceptualize long-term business goals and develop orderly processes to accomplish those goals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent proven managerial skills, leading a large team of remote staff
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, G-suite, and related software
The individual must be a;
- US citizen, or
- Green cardholder, or
- Have an immigration status that allows to work in United States.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
ICNA Relief offers competitive compensation and benefits package.