The Free Mobile Clinic
ICNA Relief in collaboration with APPNA (Association of Physicians of Pakistani Descent of North America) unveiled a free mobile clinic in downtown Baltimore on March 31st at the ICNA-MAS convention. ICNA President Br. Javed Siddiqi, Vice President Dr. Mohsin Ansari, APPNA President Dr. Sajid Chaudhry and ICNA Relief CEO Br. Maqsood Ahmad along with members of ICNA Relief and APPNA volunteers were present at the occasion.
Hurricane Florence Updates
Doctors and nurses sign up below. All clients can just show up to any of the events listed on the calendar above.
- 03/16/19 Muslim Academy of Greater Orlando
- 03/26/19 Manhattan, NY
- 03/30 Hamza Masjid Long Island, NY
- 03/31/19 Islamic Center of East Texas (Lufkin)
- 04/21/19 ICNA Masjid Alexandria, VA
- 04/27/19 Boston, MA
- 03/01/19 Turkish Masjid, NY
- 10/12/18 Health Fair in Houston, TX
- 10/13/18 National Healthcare Day in Southwest Houston, TX
- 10/13/18 National Healthcare Day in Southeast Houston, TX
- 10/13/18 National Healthcare Day in New Caney, TX
- 10/21/18 Health Fair in Denton, TX
- 8/5/18 Health Fair in Hagerstown, MD
- 7/1/18 Health Fair in Union City, NJ
- 7/14/18 Health Fair in Baltimore, MD
- 7/22/18 Health Fair in Silver Spring, MD
- 6/30/18 Health Fair in King of Prussia, PA
- 6/23/18 Health Fair in Paterson, NJ
- 6/9 – Health Fair in Brooklyn, NY
- 6/9 – Health Fair in Plano, TX
- 3/31 – Inauguration in Baltimore, MD
This mobile clinic is a Mercedes Sprinter van which has been converted to a portable doctor’s office complete with triage space, medical equipment and a sink. This van will be based in the Baltimore area to serve the uninsured, but will be traveling throughout the Northeast region to offer assistance to other communities as well.
One other van has already been purchased to be converted into another mobile clinic, while ICNA Relief and APPNA make arrangements to purchase two more.
“The idea is to have mobile clinics in different regions of the U.S. — the Northeast, Midwest, South and West — and to have these vans drive around their regions serving low-income and uninsured individuals free of cost,” said Muhammad Uzair, Director of ICNA Relief’s Free Clinics programs.
“This will also allow us to complement our colleagues in the Disaster Relief program so that God forbid, if there’s ever a disaster, they have a mobile clinic somewhere in their region that can be quickly be deployed to attend to the sick and injured,” Uzair said.