Would You like to Conduct a Food Drive for ICNA Relief?
Would you like to conduct a food drive for ICNA Relief? If the answer is yes, you’ve come to the right place and we couldn’t be happier! We welcome all options whether it’s a monthly food drive or an annual one or one in between. Hunger in the United States is often hidden in plain sight. Every donation you make to ICNA Relief reaches a family who is so grateful for your generosity. ( Video courtesy NIFB, an ICNA Relief partner organization)
Here is our suggested plan. Tweak as needed!
Decide What Kind of Event You’d Like to Hold
- List of foods needed. 10 lbs Rice, 5 lbs: Flour, 4 lbs each: Lentils, Sugar, Pasta, Oil 48 oz ( 2 bottles), Pasta Sauce and Chick Peas/Garbanzo Beans ( 2 x 28 oz each), Tea bags ( 100 count box)
- Decide frequency – weekly, monthly, quarterly, annually.
- Decide a date to assemble the food boxes.
- Decide: Do you want your community to bring in-kind donations or cash and checks, or online donations, or all options. Our official financial contribution requested is $50/box.
- Decide: Do you want to have a drop box placed on site leading up to the day of the event or donations brought to a one-day event? Ask ICNA Relief for a collection box, if needed.
- Decide how often, and when, the collection box will be emptied and by whom and where food will be stored, if needed.
- Ask ICNA Relief to suggest vendors for bulk purchases and an ICNA Relief sales tax-exempt letter, if needed.
Secure Masjid/School/Youth Group/Scouts Troop Permission If Collaborating
- Secure masjid/school/scouts troop/youth group permission in writing. Mention clearly that the food drive and financial donations are for ICNA Relief.
- For on-site food packing events, secure masjid permission in writing allowing ICNA Relief to have a table with fliers, donation box, and banners on site.
- Secure permissions for the announcement at masjid during salat, events and via e-news, social media, WhatsApp, website, calendar of events and etc.
- Schedule dates to receive packing supplies & T-Shirts from ICNA Relief, if needed.
- Schedule time/dates for ICNA Relief truck to pick up food. Two weeks notice required.
- Create a flier listing food needed, event date, time, venue, contact email and phone number, dollar value of checks/online donations being accepted, if any, and your logo.
- ICNA Relief logo must appear on all materials. All announcements must mention the words “ICNA Relief”.
- Create a Facebook Event page and social media/ what’s app posts. Let ICNA Relief know so we can share it as well.
- Provide content for announcements to your masjid/khateeb/etc.
- Publicize the event at Masjid during salat, Sunday school, after-school programs, masjid events and via masjid e-news, social media, WhatsApp, website, calendar of events and etc.
Assemble Food Boxes
- Recruit volunteers to help you execute the event and lift/load the donations into the ICNA Relief Truck. Our average food box is 45 pounds.
- For food packing events, indicate how many ICNA Relief T-Shirts and sizes needed. First 10 T-Shirts free. $5 for remaining T-Shirts ordered. Two weeks notice required.
- Each sealed box should include all the list of products/quantities requested. Rice bags can be stored separately.